A design revolution is sweeping the globe – a revolution worth £72 billion to the UK economy alone.
On 25 May the design revolution will come to Dundee - the UK’s first and only UNESCO City of Design. V&A Museum of Design Dundee together with Design in Action will profile a range of pioneering design-led businesses, design cities, and academics to showcase and share the rewards the design revolution can bring.
Make your business part of this revolution and join us for an unmissable one-day forum as part of the inaugural Dundee Design Festival.
Interactive topics include:
- UK Design Economy – Financial worth and the opportunities for business.
Stephen Miller, The Design Council
- Changing Businesses Through Design Thinking.
Dr Claudia Nicolai, Academic Director, Hasso Plattner Institute School of Design Thinking
- UNESCO Cities of Design – Accelerating the benefits for business
- Ting Xu, UNESCO City of Design Shenzhen,China
- Anu Mattari, UNESCO City of Design Helsinki, Finland
- UNESCO City of Design Graz, Austria
- UNESCO City of Design St. Etienne, France
- How to engage a designer – Business speed dating workshop
- How to brief a designer – Interactive workshop
- How to embed design in your business and why you should care.
- IP, therefore I am: A pragmatic guide to protecting your Intellectual Property.
- Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin) Workshop: 'Block Exchange'
- Design Question Time – Audience led business Q&A with international panel of design professionals.
- Redesigning our business - Scott & Fyfe
- Our working world - W.L. Gore
- Squidz - Rebecca Thomson
- Connected High Street: The internet of things with Dundee - Jon Rogers